Tuesday, August 12, 2008

six months

we didn't even realize it had been six months. we had just spent the weekend in san diego. friday was cristina and asa's wedding. saturday we spent with a couple married couple friends. sunday our haiti team got together for a bbq. but mid-kiss on our couch back at home is when it dawned on me. somehow. six months had gone by? crazy.

significant days are just like any other days. we just choose to celebrate and remember things on certain days. birthdays, wedding days, deathdays, and days we are just thankful for something. that pretty much wraps up the significant days (let me know if im wrong). christmas, easter, thanksgiving, your birthday, the anniversary of a loved ones death, a six month anniversary, a baptism, fourth of july, memorial day, mothers day. the days themselves are not special for any other reason than God allowed the sun to once again rise. what is special is the thing we celebrate. we take time out to say "hey this is important to me," "you are important to me."

somedays are easier to celebrate and remember than others. Lucas' brother died almost 5 years ago. in my experience i have never had to encounter a significant day i was not looking forward to. it is unfathomable to me and my heart is searching for the way to be what he needs right now.

No comments: