Thursday, October 8, 2009

didnt get the job

so i had a job interview at an awesome non-profit last thurs. it went real well. volunteer coordinator at 'giving children hope'. i am super qualified for it. and am super stoked on the organization and what they are doing. i was thinking it would be a good fit. it would have been an excellent challenge as well. not to mention it would be using my degree... imagine that!! so i got the call today. they thanked me for coming in and said they enjoyed meeting me. but they decided to choose another candidate for the position.

i dont think i could have prayed more or trusted more that God would lead me. So i have to take this as His leading.

I was going to have to sacrifice a few things for the job.

slow mornings. i never work before 10:45am. i still get up around 7 but take my time. go for a walk. pray. read. make a breakfast.

the next thing i would have to give up is my hip hop classes. i keep wondering if this is something that i should dive head long into... if its worth it.

traveling. lucas and my fun getaways couldn't happen often.

part time work. going to costco, target, and the bank somewhere between 9-5. time to stop by the ocean shore and reflect on life. time to schedule breakfasts with girlfriends.

pomodoro. dont get me wrong. i wouldnt be too sad to say good bye to the serving job itself. but i would be sad to say good bye to the staff, the flexibility, the ocean view on the patio... my ministry there too would probably get sacrificed.

and then there is haiti. which may be the reason that they didnt hire me. lucas and i are committed to the ministry. as many of you reading may know we may travel there 3 or 4 times a year. this winter i will be there from nov 20 - dec 26. even though the ministry of 'giving children hope' would include aid to haiti... i think they need a volunteer coordinator who is going to be in the country.

all in all. i was bummed. but i was praying for the Lords guidance and i have to believe that this is part of that guidance right?

No comments: